Stop Eating the Mushrooms Anymore: Tips for CKD Patients
The mushrooms are generally considered edible and delicious. Things you may not know is that mushroom can aggravate your CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease). How is that possible? wanna answers? Find out here!
The mushrooms shouldn’t be consumed too much. For one month, the dietitian recommends that do not exceed 200g. Why? This stems from the characteristics of mushroom, which is extremely good at gathering heavy metals. Sometimes, it can reach up to 100 times at most. Heavy metals like lead, mercury, nickel and some other heavy metals can be gathered by the mushrooms. Unfortunately, our body can’t excrete those heavy metals. What would happen? They may gather together in renal tubulus; in serious cases, renal tubular necrosis may attack.
Some may disagree since one’s kidneys have strong power to compensate. 1/4 of kidney function left could just maintain the need of metabolism of human body. Yes, it’s true, that’s why we suggest CKD patients to eat less. Not just CKD patients, as long as one has kidney problems, they should avoid consuming too much mushrooms as much as possible, you know, just in case.
A report from Neue Zuercher Zeitung I later red also backed the theory before. It is said that after Chernobyl disaster attacked, surrounding countries like Ukraine or Germany that were contaminated with radiation began to plant a good deal of mushrooms in the contaminated area. Because they know that mushrooms can gather a large deal of heavy and poisonous metals, by doing so, to eliminate nuclear pollution as soon as possible.
Wow! Scary, isn’t it? The mushrooms should be avoided especially for people with CKD or other kidney problems; plus, the more serious the area is, people should better avoid consuming mushrooms. Share with us what you want to say! Leaving a comment or just sending us emails, hope our move can help more and more CKD patients!