What Cannot Diabetic Nephropathy Patients Drink
Q: I am on a diabetic kidney diet and confused about what I cannot drink. Can you help?
A: Generally speaking, dark beverages, such as Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi, beer, and bottled or canned iced tea should be avoided as they contain phosphate additives. Beverages sweetened with real sugar or high fructose corn syrup should also be avoided on a diabetic kidney diet. Diabetic Nephropathy patients may need to limit or avoid milk and many juices are high in potassium.
Check with your dietitian for guidelines as to what beverages are safe for you to drink. As a patient with Diabetic Nephropathy, if you are suffering heavy proteinuria, the prognosis will become poor, it is likely to develop Chronic Renal Failure. In that case, a treatment which can help repair kidney damage and try to improve kidney function can be counted as a real treatment.
Any questions? Fill the form below. You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours.
- Diabetic Nephropathy Do Not Want to Take Kidney Transplant is there Any Other Choice
- How Can I Reduce My Blood Urea Level from 200 and Creatinine from 2.7
- Creatinine 140,Urea Nitrogen 6.8 does that Means I Have Kidney Problems
- People with Diabetes 21 Years should Ppay Attention to Diabetic Nephropathy
- How to Treat Kidney Stone