Why Do I Have Decreased Urine After Taking Hemodialysis
Question: I have renal failure and have to be hooked up to dialysis machine this year. But I have decreased urine output since then. I read lot materials and find that decreased urine production indicates my kidney function is declining. What I am gonna do? Please help me!
Answer: reduced urine production among patients on hemodialysis may be caused by the following two possible reasons.
One is dehydration, and then high perfusion status develops accordingly. What’s the result? GFR declines. Yes, this is the same meaning with declined kidney function just as you read from materials. However, urine output may increase due to the correction of heart failure and improvement of kidney perfusion.
Another reason for your declined urine output is due to declined blood osmotic pressure. Dialysis may clear out micromolecular substances like BUN which account for the decrease of blood osmotic pressure.
So my suggestion is don’t worry about that before asking your doctor. Let him or her know if you have any discomfort.
Any questions? Fill the form below. You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours.
- Do All Hemodialysis Patients Eventually Have Zero Urine Output
- Can I Get Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy in Philippines
- Kidney Function is at 13% with PKD Is Dialysis the Only Treatment
- CKD: What does BUN of 45 & Creatinine of 2.29 Mean
- Creatinine 6.0 and BUN 70 How to Reduce the Levels Naturally