Can Kidney Cysts Cause Blood In Urine (Hematuria)
Kidney cyst is one commonly-seen kidney problems. Its main system presents as cysts growing in one’s kidneys. Blood in urine, also known as hematuria, often appears in those Kidney Cysts patients. Why would that develop and how should it get treated? Read on to find your answers.
Blood in urine or hematuria can be divided into two types, the one is microscopic hematuria and the other is called gross hematuria. Microscopic hematuria is only visible with a microscope while gross one, just as its name denotes, can be seen by our eyes.
The blood in urine is mainly coming from glomeruli. Protein in urine known as proteinuria, sometimes, is accompanied.
If the blood in urine lasts for a long time or presents as scarlet, sometimes coagula is excreted, for this kind of patients with Kidney Cyst, serious anemia might develop. Under such circumstances, the patients’ count of blood cells drop sharply in blood, his or her clotting mechanism might be get involved too. Blood transfusion might be used once the patients with Kidney Cysts suffer from serious anemia so as to avoid coma or even death.
Why would Kidney Cysts patients experience hematuria?
1. The cysts become larger and larger as they grow older. What are the consequences? Renal tissues will be suppressed by long-term oppression and thus kidney function is affected accordingly.
2. One’s blood pressure increases as long as hematuria appears.
3. Cyst decortications or paracentesis is taken once the cysts are large than 5cm. western treatments for Kidney Cysts work but often relapse. Once cysts become larger, kidney function declines progressively.
Chinese and western medicines are two major treatments for Kidney Cysts. Before anything, the cause of blood in urine should be detected in the first place.
The patients should taking good rest in bed once they suffer from hematuria. Intensive exercises should be avoided since it might aggravate the condition.
Ask nephrologists for your specific condition and suggestions for the blood in urine.
Any questions? Fill the form below. You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours.
- Cortical Cyst on Left Kidney 5.5×6.8 cm with Creatinine 139
- Kidney Cyst Causing Throwing up and Shortness of Breath
- Is Ceatinine Level 4.1 with Kidney Cyst 10cm Dangerous
- 5.3cm Kidney Cyst with Frequent and Urgent Urination Natural Cure
- Kidney Cyst 5.0cm with Protein in Urine: Is It Life Threatening