Kidney Problems and Infertility in Men
There has a certain relation between kidney problems and infertility in men. Infertility can be defined as the failure to achieve pregnancy after regular unprotected sex for at least a year. Among those experiencing difficulty with conception, infertility in men is considered important in around 40% of couples.
Relation between kidney problems and infertility in men
More than 90% of infertility in men cases are due to low sperm counts, poor sperm quality or both. Then whether the kidney problems can affect sperm counts or its quality? Yes, Chronic Renal Failure, which results in a build up of waste products in the body, can adversely affect sperm quality and fertility. It can also cause erection problems.
What is more, the common complications of Chronic Renal Failure like high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and neurological disorders can also cause problems with erection and ejaculation, which reduces fertility in men. Chronic Renal Failure patients usually have stress which causes several hormonal changes in the body that can affect fertility.
Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), a relatively common genetic disorder that causes large cysts to form on the kidneys and other organs during adulthood, may cause infertility in men as the first symptom if cysts develop in the reproductive tract.
Generally speaking, at the early stage of kidney disease, the infertility in men seldom appears. Once the condition develops Chronic Renal Failure, the possibility of infertility in men will increase greatly.
There are a number of things that people can do to help preserve and promote their fertility
* Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
* Try to maintain their weight in the ideal range.
* Take regular exercise.
* Don’t smoke. Because the tobacco may reduce sperm motility.
* Keep alcohol consumption within recommended limits. Because alcohol can reduce sperm account and quality.
* Try to reduce stress.
* Avoid Chronic Renal Failure if you have kidney disease.
Any questions? Fill the form below. You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours.
- How Long does a Kidney Failure Patient Last on Dialysis
- Are there any Treatment Can Delay the Progression of Severe Kidney Disease
- Atrophic Kidney with Moderately Impaired Renal Excretory Function
- I Have End Stage Renal Failure and Scared of Dying What should I Do
- Can I Take Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy in Pakistan