What Is Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
What is Polycystic Kidney Disease diet? Once people are diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), a scientific diet is of great importance for them, which can help not only relieve some symptoms of Polycystic Kidney Disease also slow down the development of the disease. Here we will focus on foods can and can not be taken by those with Polycystic Kidney Disease.
What foods should Polycystic Kidney Disease patients limited?
1. Polycystic Kidney Disease sufferers should avoid nephrotic medicines such as Gentamicin, kanamycin, streptomycin, polymyxin and so on.
2. Avoid taking stimulating foods such as salty and spicy foods.
3. Animal offal foods, which mainly refers to fermented foods such as bean curd and rotten eggs can stimulation to our kidneys.
4. For patients with Polycystic Kidney Disease, high protein diet can add burden to the kidneys, therefore protein intake amount should be restricted. However, the specific amount should be based on the illness condition and your doctor's advice. As for food choices, high quality animal protein foods such as milk, lean meat and egg white may be proper choices.
5. Give up drinking and smoking
What can Polycystic Kidney Disease patients eat?
1. A low-protein diet is needed when patients with Polycystic Kidney Disease patients are suffering proteinuria.
2. Foods which are beneficial for urination can be taken.
3. For those Polycystic Kidney Disease patients with combined kidney stone, vegetables such as auricularia which can dissolve stones is quite beneficial.
There are some other aspects patients with Polycystic Kidney Disease should pay attention to. As combined infections may aggravate kidney function declination, they should prevent getting cold, urinary tract infections and so on. In addition, as strenuous exercise and crashes can increase chances of cyst rupture, they should try to avoid over fatigue, especially for those with severe cysts.
Finally and above all, keep in an positive mood. Because treatment which can help shrink cysts and improve kidney function has come into being, though there is no a cure for Polycystic Kidney Disease. Your any questions about Polycystic Kidney Disease diet is welcomed.